The 2nd International Symposium “Intercultural communication on History, Culture and Semiotics. Alumni Fund: This simposium is financed by our alumni students 2016.”
Call for Papers
Intercultural communication on History, Culture and Semiotics.
The 2nd International Symposium on Semiotics. Alumni Fund: This simposium is financed by our alumni students 2016
International University of Kyrgyzstan
Institute of Foreign Languages
Under the auspices of the Eurasian Creative Guild (London)
8-9 September, 2016
The 2nd International Symposium on semiotics and translation studies is devoted to the year of History, Literature and Culture in Kyrgyzstan scheduled to be on 9-10 September, 2016, hosted by the International University of Kyrgyzstan The 2016 is considered as the “Year of Respect for the History and Culture” in the Kyrgyz Republic. Scholars from all the interested countries are invited to submit proposals on any topic pertaining to translation, semiotics, history, literature and culture, you may send your articles in English, in Russian and in Kyrgyz . ,. The Conference also welcomes submissions by creative writers, and papers on translation, semiotics and linguistics. Reading committee selects the best presentations as well as critical and creative works. After selection the papers are grouped for presentation at sectional meetings held at the university. Debates about the relationship between literature and history have been discussed in the field of history, literary practice, translation, semiotics and theory and criticism. For some, historicism can be seen as a form of understanding culture, for others it provides the key to the literary representation of literary and cultural phenomena in translation.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
Professor David Parry – translator, England., ‘The Art of Editing’
Professor David Dry – USA Fulbright scholar., ‘History, Culture and Meaning in Intercultural Colabarations’.
M.A, Ph. Dr.Silima Nanda – Director of International Division Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi.
Papers will be given addressing the complex relationship between history and culture, literature and linguistics, and will include some of the following issues:
- New Directions in the Translation Research / (Innovation Path to Translation;)
- Changes in the World of Semiotics and Linguistics (in mass media, tourism, art and culture, religion, linguistics, medicine);
- Talking to the World of Translation (in the field of law, politics, medicine, business, art and culture, technology, tourism);
- Reflection of History in Literature (Kurmanjan Datka, Barsbek, Manas and folklore of any countries )
- Historical and Cultural Studies in Western, Eastern and Central Asian countries;
- Any other issues that concern the relationship between history, literature and culture.
Conference address:International University of Kyrgyzstan
Send correspondence to:
Zina Karaeva, email@example.com
Submission Deadline: August 15, 2016
Literary creations by the writers are also welcome.
Submissions may be in English, Russian and Kyrgyz.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with attachment in pdf or doc format. The attachment is to consist of a 300-word abstract (double-spaced and titled).
Submitter’s cover page to include:
- Name (as it will appear in the program)
- Address (preferably home address)
- E-mail address (necessary to confirm your acceptance)
- Academic affiliation (if applicable)
- Title of paper/work (as it will appear in the program)
- Genre of work discussed (please be specific)
- Personalbiographicalnote (100-150 words)
Session A – Linguistics. Moderator: Asylbekova A.T.
Session B – Translation Moderator: Alishova M.K
Session C – Semiotics. Moderator: Turgunova G.A
Session D – Literature. Moderator: Kalieva K.A
Session E – History. Moderator: Ibraimova G.O.
Session F – Culture. Moderator: Alishova R.K.
Institute of Foreign Languages,
International University of Kyrgyzstan